The limestone facade of the baroque church of St. Catherine (225 Triq ir-Republika, Valletta, Malta) adjacent to an Augustinian nunnery
St. Catherine’s is a monastery in Valletta, Malta which houses cloistered nuns of the Second Order of Saint Augustine. It incorporates the Church of the Presentation of Our Lady, which is more commonly known as the Church of St. Catherine. Construction began in 1714 and continued for several decades. They replaced a previous monastery which had been housed in a 16th-century palace.